FIFA has asked fans to vote on the best World Cup goal from a list of ten options. The high-profile omissions are Messi’s effort against Mexico and Tchouameni’s effort against England. Richarlison has been nominated twice, joining Mbappe and Vincent Aboubakar on the list.
FIFA has officially unveiled a list of 10 goals from which the 2022 World Cup Goal of the tournament will be picked from. The Qatar World Cup did not disappoint, with Lionel Messi’s Argentina having the final say after an epic final against France.
However, Messi’s rasping effort against Mexico has been overlooked in the FIFA list, with Richarlison’s acrobatic effort for Brazil against Serbia the front-runner to bag the award
The Tottenham Hotspur striker has been nominated twice and was also on the receiving end of a fantastic team goal against Switzerland. Vincent Aboubakar of Cameroon’s audacious chip against Serbia is also a strong contender for the FIFA award.
The full list of nominees:
- 1.Salem Al-Dawsari’s curling winner versus Argentina
2. Richarlison’s bicycle kick against Serbia
3. Cody Gakpo’s outside-the-box hit versus Ecuador
4. Enzo Fernández curler against Mexico
5. Vincent Aboubakar chip against Serbia
6. Luis Chávez’s rocket free kick versus Saudi Arabia
7. Kylian Mbappé against Poland
8. Richarlison versus South Korea
9. Paik Seung-ho’s long-range shot against Brazil
10. Neymar versus Croatia
2022 World Cup top awards
After leading Argentina to the 2022 FIFA World Cup title, Messi was named Player of the Tournament, as previously reported.
Argentina’s star scored twice as the South Americans defeated France on penalties to win their third World Cup medal. Messi won the award ahead of Paris Saint-Germain teammate Kylian Mbappe, who won the golden boot after scoring a hat-trick in the final.
Source: Sports Brief News