Sadio Mane of Liverpool says he will follow what the Senegalese people desire despite a poll suggesting otherwise
Sadio Mane has one year remaining on his Liverpool contract; Bayern is anticipated to extend the forward’s contract by three years; In the Champions League final on Saturday, Liverpool fell to Real Madrid 1-0.
When deciding on his future, Sadio Mane has stated that he “will do what the Senegalese people want.”
Bayern Munich, the reigning Bundesliga champions, are preparing a proposal and a three-year contract for Mane, a Liverpool forward who has one year left on his present contract. Mane has emerged as a summer transfer target for Bayern Munich.
Before last week’s Champions League final, Mane informed Sky Sports News that he will make a decision about his future after the loss to Real Madrid. In a press conference held prior to Senegal’s African Cup of Nations qualifier against Benin, the 28-year-old has since broken his quiet.
In answer to a question concerning his future, Mane responded, “Like everyone else, I’m on social media and I see the remarks. Don’t 60 to 70 percent of Senegalese want me to move away from Liverpool?
“I’ll comply with their wishes. We’ll find out shortly! Be patient; we’ll see this together if you hurry.
In response to a question regarding the rumors surrounding Bayern Munich, manager Jurgen Klopp was evasive during his pre-game press conference in Paris.
The Reds manager predicted that Sadio would be a major player wherever he played the following season.
are claiming that Bayern will extend Mane’s contract to the summer of 2025 and offer Liverpool €30 million, plus €5 to €10 million in additional payments.
However, Liverpool would need more than the €30 million to even consider making a purchase.
Mane is the top transfer target for Bayern’s sporting director, and this month he visited with the player’s representation to formally express interest.
Paris Saint-Germain was also mentioned in connection with Mane, but the club is unlikely to have the financial flexibility to complete a move given Kylian Mbappe’s contract extension and Leonardo’s potential departure as sporting director.
Mane’s contract situation is not the only one that Liverpool must address this summer; the other two attackers who make up the renowned front three, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino, are also approaching the end of their contracts.
However, ahead of the Champions League final, Salah confirmed that he will be at Liverpool next season. The Premier League Golden Boot joint-winner has repeatedly said publicly he would like to remain at Anfield beyond his current deal.
Salah said in a press conference: “In my mind, I don’t focus on the contract. I don’t want to be selfish at all. I said two months ago it’s about the team. It’s an important week for us… I don’t want to talk about the contract now, I’m staying next season for sure, that’s clear.”